Scallion Pancakes with Chilli Dipping Sauce
4 pancakes at 27cm diameter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (after sieving)
- 420-440ml water
- 1 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp five spiced powder
- pinch of salt
- Olive Grove lite table spread
Chilli Dipping sauce
- 1 tsp store bought chilli flakes in chilli oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water with the flour and keep stirring with an egg whisk. Make sure that the water and flour is well combined completely, before setting aside for several minutes.
- Add the chopped scallion into the bowl with flour and water. Add a pinch of salt and five spice powder and continue to stir until everything is mixed together.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons Olive Grove Lite Table Spread in a pan. Pour a quarter of the mixture into the pan. Try not to pour all the mixture into the centre, but instead, swirl it around using a small spoon to create a perfectly round pancake. Pan-fry over medium heat for around 2-4 minutes or until one side becomes golden brown. Turn over carefully to fry the second side for another 2 minutes. Fry each side another 1 minute for a darker color and crisper taste.
- Transfer pancake onto a bed of kitchen paper to remove excess oil. Repeat the pancake making process three more times.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk until evenly combined.
- When serving, cut into small wedges and serve with chilli dipping sauce.
Steamed Mushroom BunsA modern take on a traditional yum cha favourite. These fluffy steamed buns have the delicious spicy flavours and hints of ginger just like the original but are served up in scrumptious bao buns with crunchy peanuts and hoisin sauce. They might...
Vegetarian Hokkien MeeIn Singapore, it’s so easy to get a delicious plate of Hokkien Mee without venturing too far from your local neighbourhood. However, if you’re someone who watches out for hidden nasties in your food, your favourite noodle dishes can sometimes...
Spicy Curry Noodles with Chicken and VegetablesIn less than 20 minutes, you can re-create a family favourite that’s healthier than most curry noodles while still staying true to that rich, fragrant and spicy taste we all know and...